So, I'm confused - re: Fast Lane Chapter

A place to find out what the steps are to form a CMA/Fast Lane chapter, and ask questions, and get answers from those who have walked through this. We're here to help!

So, I'm confused - re: Fast Lane Chapter

Postby markym » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:20 am

Info on the CMAUSA Web sites suggests both that Fast Lane Chapters are a separate entity from other CMA Chapters, but also the forming chapter information appears to be the same as for other chapters. what happens when members of one chapter become interested in Fast Lane? Are they supposed to break off and form their own new chapter because they ride a different bike? or is Fast Lane considered simply another ministry available to already formed chapters?
markym
Permit
Permit

Re: So, I'm confused - re: Fast Lane Chapter

Postby udoggie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

HI,

I can't speak for CMA national, but in my chapter, we have some folks that are fastlane-focused, and some that are not.

I see it being about ministry, and using whatever passion God's given us in order to reach those who don't know Him. Fastlane, black leathers, 1%'ers, scooters, whatever riders He puts in our path.

Jeff
udoggie
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Bigjimbo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 am

not speaking for National either, but I thought that there is only going to be CMA Chapters with both regular riders and Fast Lane riders.
Jim Mayhew

New Jersey Fast Lane Representative
& Region 5 Newsletter Editor
Bigjimbo
650cc
650cc

Postby markym » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:12 pm

So I'm thinking it shouldn't be called FAst Lane "chapter" - because that sounds like someone can/needs to form a new chapter to be involved in sport bike ministry etc. Some folks in our chapter are trying to start a new chapter with officers, meetings, a chapter name, etc. and we're not big enough for that. But I can see how they became confused. I'm with you guys - I'm pretty sure the chapter is expected to expand and include this ministry . Thanks for your responses.
markym
Permit
Permit

Postby SteveSchiller » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:03 am

If you can - Watch the CMA video - Let's talk about chapters. There are and will be for a while - both "Fast Lane" and regular chapters. They both have their place and both will be made of all types of riders. Out here we have 2 Fast Lane chapters and both were supported by old CMA chapters and both consist of sport bike riders, dual sport riders and cruiser/tourer riders.
Watch the video if you can and Kerry does a much better job of explaining the need that I just did. The riding style and rides ARE different as well as the ministry opportunities and desires. The chapter types should support each other because "It's all about Jesus!"
We also have a third chapter which has grown into an all inclusive chapter - Cruisers, Fast Lane, and Quad! It just works for them! Pray on and you should find something that works in your area! There is only ONE CMA and only one LORD!

Steve
SteveSchiller
650cc
650cc

Postby Bigjimbo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:44 am

Amen Steve !
Jim Mayhew

New Jersey Fast Lane Representative
& Region 5 Newsletter Editor
Bigjimbo
650cc
650cc

Postby robd0gg » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Good discussion.. I'm one of the ones that came in to an existing chapter and found that there was not a lot of interest in doing things like track days, dual sport rides, all day rides in the mountains, so several of us started a new chapter, down the road a piece as we had a heart to do God's work in those kinds of places. No hard feelings for the most part, and we continue to participate in each others meetings, rides etc. Other chapters, like Jeff's down in Oregon, seem to have folks with broad enough interest that they continue to exist and are successful chapters. I wish all chapters would watch that video that Steve mentioned - it would renew and refresh their perspective every year.

We had the same struggles as you mention, we had people staying with the existing chapter, and a few coming over to the new one.. we were concerned with that, not wanting to leave the existing one without leadership and a core group, so some of us actually stayed with the existing chapter a full year, remaining as officers and giving their full effort to that chapter, meanwhile, a couple of us started up with the new one and both chapters are still going, for now at least. Feel free to send me a private message if you wish to discuss this, I well help if I can.
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Forming a Chapter