Report from MTDR's Spring Ride at Loretta Lynns

Announcements, fliers, discussions about non Fast Lane events

Report from MTDR's Spring Ride at Loretta Lynns

Postby meanstreak » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Fellow Fastlaner Shane Moore and I attended the spring ride at LL's this past weekend. This event is a woods ride put on by the Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders for 3 days at the end of spring break week each year. Shane and I arrived on Thursday set up, registered, and sound checked our bikes. The main trail is 17 miles long with three single track sections that are optional with a total mileage of about 14. When you add in all the single track you loose some of the main so a full lap that takes it all in is about 25 miles which we made two of Friday. The main is very open and fast (3rd and 4th gear) with countless hills and water breaks and the single track is tight and technical (2nd and 3rd gear with a few 1st gear moments) with plenty of off camber roots, rocks, and logs. We pulled trail patrol duty most of the day Saturday on the main and it proved to be a busy day. I encountered a rider who had a 4 inch long gash in his lower right abdomen from hitting a tree in which I called in medical and administered first aid until the paramedic arrived then helped with trail traffic until we got him up and moved to the E-out. I stopped on a big hill climb and repaired a riders chain that had a broken masterlink putting him back on the move. I took a lunch break and moved to the novice trail where I came upon a young man who looped his bike out on a hill and suffered a broken arm. In the midst of all this I helped many stuck on hills and riders with minor troubles get to an Emergency out trail. We awoke bright and early Sunday, went to the main pavilion and set up for the Sunday Service. I handled the worship set and Shane brought the message to about 35 riders that showed up for it and several hundred that were showing up early for the riders meeting. We are just two riders that made ourselves available and God has given us a ministry.
Don't think more highly of yourself than you should.
meanstreak
650cc
650cc

Re: Report from MTDR's Spring Ride at Loretta Lynns

Postby meanstreak » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Here is a pic from Friday morning rider meeting
meanstreak
650cc
650cc

Re: Report from MTDR's Spring Ride at Loretta Lynns

Postby meanstreak » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Trying it again seem my pictures get cut in two
meanstreak
650cc
650cc

Return to Other events (CMA and non-CMA)