New guy in Louisville

New members please check in and tell us about yourself

New guy in Louisville

Postby MrJoel » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Hey all,
My name is Joel. I have been riding motorcycles for 18 of my 40 years of existance and am considered a born again biker in both senses of the phrase. Last year I got back into riding after an 8 year break (too busy and God moved my passions from bikes to Him). I had reached a small level of fame in the custom bike world with my custom mini chopper business back in the early 2000's but was a hopeless mess who was focused strictly on myself, having never really known God. That changed quickly when my CFO embezzled a quarter million from the business and forced me into selling the business and sending me into a very dark place in my life. I reluctantly went to a couples get together at my wife's suggestion/insistence, when a man started asking me about my bike and talking about a cb750 he was building as a rat bike...come to find out he was an assistant pastor who was a real guy. after some amazing discipling, I accepted Christ. A couple years later I gave up my last bike (FJ1100) and my home in michigan and moved to Tenessee for 7 years then after much arguing with God until He changed my heart again... I moved to Louisville to attend Southern Baptist Theological Seminary with a call to preach. I'm not your average seminary student, that's for sure, and one of just a few guys that ride here on campus. I am also the first guy to build a motorcycle on the porch of a seminary apartment, they didn't take to well to it but it is inspiring quite a few guys who have never thought of turning a wrench. I have been married for 20 years and we adopted two little guys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine 4 years ago. Life is very busy and I've been blessed to have a working bike while the project bike is still awaiting the final touches and time to complete them.

I have also started motovlogging on my YouTube Channel and am trying to break through and use that as an evangelistic tool... I am a fun loving guy who is pretty funny and outside the box on what I vlog about. I only have a 6 mile commute to work so the scenery is kind of boring but I have fun at it anyway! I've been vloggin for just a few weeks and am still getting the kinks out of the equipment and topics and whatnot. All said and done, I hope to encourage, make people laugh, and lead them to Christ. Check out the vlog and throw down some suggestions and comments.
Latest vlog https://youtu.be/HsAdl-ITfvE

Chanel link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPb3_Q ... yDNq8IAI'm glad to find some like minded people to hang with online, and hopefully in person some day.

Joel
MrJoel
Novice
Novice

Re: New guy in Louisville

Postby udoggie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Welcome from Oregon!

-Jeff
udoggie
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Chilimac » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 am

Welcome to the forum from west Arkansas.
:D
13 DR 650
15 BMW R1200RT
14 RZR S 800
12 Triumph Street Triple
Chilimac
125cc
125cc

Postby Sparkey » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Welcome from Oklahoma!
Lean it in Let it slide

Text is good. nineoneeightfourzeroeightzerosixtwozero.
Sparkey
WSBK
WSBK

Postby Don-F » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:41 am

Welcome and greetings from Winton,Ca

It is nice to see how the Lord has worked in your life!

Sincerely

Don
Don-F
250cc
250cc

Postby N2EXTREME » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:36 am

Hey Joel!

A big warm and local welcome from just down the road in E'town.

I apologize for not being on the forum often enough to see your post earlier.

We need to get together soon.

God Bless!
Joey
N2EXTREME
250cc
250cc

Postby meanstreak » Mon May 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Welcome to the forum from Glasgow
Don't think more highly of yourself than you should.
meanstreak
650cc
650cc

Return to New Members