St. Charles, IA Enduro May 25, 2014

Midwest - Northern States

St. Charles, IA Enduro May 25, 2014

Postby iowabirdbrain » Mon May 26, 2014 2:23 pm

The local off road riding club I am a member of volunteered this last weekend at an Enduro race. Having just gotten into off road riding I had never experienced an event like this before and I was quite impressed with how family oriented these events are. I was working at the front gate at the event so I was able to see everyone as the came to this event. There were trailers with bikes from 50cc class and up, with parents and kids all ready for the days events.

There was a bit of rain to start the morning out and made the course a bit challenging, but it seemed like everyone was ready to enjoy the muddy ride. This event drew well over 300+ people, both competitors and surprisingly (to me) spectators. One thing I thought that was unique for the spectators was that we were able to walk all around the course to watch the race at different areas. Some of these places the spectators were no more than 10 feet from the trails that the riders were on.

It was quite an enjoyable time and definitely an event that different chapters could serve at, as there was no shortage of help needed.

Anyway, here are a few photo's from the event.

iowabirdbrain
125cc
125cc

Return to Region III