Wa. State Rally

Western States

Wa. State Rally

Postby pnwroamer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

...any off road/ single track dirt bikers showing up at Easton this weekend?
(there were only two of us last year) ;)

Gotta ride those awesome mountain trails! :!:
82 Suz. GS 1100G (all there but needing restoration)
03 Yam. FJR 1300 (IBA certified)
05 KTM 400 EXC (for the real off road endeavors)
09 Kaw. KLR 650 (when I can't decide between the others)

...wherever I go, there I am!
pnwroamer
125cc
125cc

Re: Wa. State Rally

Postby robd0gg » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:42 pm

I'll have my husky this year, but probably leading the adventure ride again.. not sure though.. not quite sure how they are scheduling the rides yet.. some confusion on that. Dana might be bringing his KTM 350?? not sure of anyone else that has trail bikes.

I'm hoping to get up there Thursday night and do a quick ride up to Manastash Ridge early Friday. There is a short section of the trail I want to take the dual sport types on.. it's pretty easy, and short, but want to see if has been tree'd out yet.

Speaking of that, you might want to check in with the Cle Elum rangers, I think some trails have not been treed out yet.. lots of blow down up there this year, and east facing slopes and trails may even still have some snow (they did last year when we were up there at this time), Sometimes the trails aren't cleared till mid July, and they seriously frown on riding off trail to go around trees/snow banks etc.. Call up the ranger district office and ask for Mikki Douglas, or one of her crew (the OHV crew), and maybe ask them about the trails you intend to ride..
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jauntygreengiant » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:42 pm

What time is the ride on Saturday?
jauntygreengiant
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby robd0gg » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:49 pm

not sure yet about the time.. according to the proposed schedule I have, it says "mapped out rides" at 3pm on Friday, which I am not sure what that is, but assuming it's where I lay out a route and people just go out and ride.. problem with that is, I am not going to send people out on a route that I didn't pre-ride.. you just don't do that in the mountains.. often roads are washed out, trees going across them etc... and I won't have time to pre-ride this year..

the schedule also mentions rides on Saturday at the same time, but 3pm is kind of late to go on a ride, unless it's a pretty short one.. and Fast Lane don't usually do short rides.. hehe.. so we'll see.. my original plan was to leave around 11am like we did last year, and show back up just before dinner time, which is at 5:30pm.. but I've also heard there's going to be a presidents meeting with Tom Palazollo and haven't been given a time for that yet.. sooo.. might be a one hour sunset ride on Saturday.. hehe.. but I know a great lookout not far from camp.

so a lot of grace and patience will get us through this.. stick around with us, and we'll have plenty of other opportunities to get in some good rides, so I'm not going to sweat it if doesn't happen at the rally.

when you going to come over and do your seat recover? I got the air stapler, staples, and even some spray adhesive left over from mine.. or maybe I'll bring it to the rally :D
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jauntygreengiant » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:13 pm

I did the seat the night before heading down to CMA day at the races, my arm was a bit tired from the hand stapler. We have Saturday open and might come for the day, I was thinking of catching the ride at the very least.
jauntygreengiant
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby pnwroamer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:25 pm

...just talked to Jack. We'll be over mid to late morn. on friday (tomorrow) with KTM's.
May go over and do Hex Mtn. and lower Sasse Mtn. trails. We'll see..........
...don't know about Sat yet.......
82 Suz. GS 1100G (all there but needing restoration)
03 Yam. FJR 1300 (IBA certified)
05 KTM 400 EXC (for the real off road endeavors)
09 Kaw. KLR 650 (when I can't decide between the others)

...wherever I go, there I am!
pnwroamer
125cc
125cc

Return to Region I