Kent area forming chapter name discussion thread

Western States

Kent area forming chapter name discussion thread

Postby robd0gg » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:24 pm

ok folks.. let's hear em. We're looking for your thoughts on names.. When we get together on the 24th of November, we'll vote on a name.. seems the most fair way to do it.

I have a few suggestions, but I will wait till the meeting to list them out. I don't have any favorites yet, but here are a couple of thoughts/hints

as part of the name....
....we could have a geographic feature tied to the Puget Sound area or state (Evergreen Riders for example)
....we could go with a biblical, Christian themed name

Either would work for me

Also, I did a quick research of the chapter names listed on the CMAUSA website, and there are about 15 chapters with Warriors in the name, almost as many with Crusaders in the name, lots with bikers, cruisers, riders in the name etc.. not saying we have to be totally unique, but I guess I would kind of like it if we were unique. Hope that's not prideful.

As I was going through each region, I found there are some pretty odd, and I would say even funky chapter names (I won't list em here out of respect), but just keep that in mind too.. I think we need to avoid cute or kitschy, as I believe some will immediately judge us on our name, and decide if they want to hang out with us, based solely on what we call ourselves, so expressive is good, but the more.. how would I put it, non-challenging I guess, the better.. if that makes sense. We want to be provocative in our message, but not necessarily in our name. Hope that's not a buz kill for some.. we'll have plenty of fun in other ways. But we can talk about this as well..
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kent area forming chapter name discussion thread

Postby Dan E » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:26 pm

One name that Scott suggested / "The Immortals" John 11:25
Variations on this could be "Immortal Souls" or "Immortal Servants"

Reign / Sound Reign / Reign Riders / Servants of His Reign
Dan E
250cc
250cc

Postby jauntygreengiant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Haha, Reign riders or rain riders?

Kidding.

I will think and pray on ideas.

Sent from a mobile user
jauntygreengiant
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby robd0gg » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:26 pm

The Immortals is growing on me.. although it sounds a bit pretentious.. and a bit like a hollywood movie title.. just a bit 8-)
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dan E » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Just brain storming ideas/names

I like the idea of using the term Moto somehow / I know of a group called Mission Moto and the event called Backfire Moto, not sure how to use it.
Stacey was kicking around names using "Messengers" Moto-Messengers, Full Throttle Messengers, ?
Dan E
250cc
250cc

Postby robd0gg » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:02 am

Dan E wrote:Just brain storming ideas/names

I like the idea of using the term Moto somehow / I know of a group called Mission Moto and the event called Backfire Moto, not sure how to use it.
Stacey was kicking around names using "Messengers" Moto-Messengers, Full Throttle Messengers, ?

I like where this is going.. I see a couple of potentials there

I was reading from the gospel of Mark this morning, where Jesus gave nicknames to James and John, calling them Boranerges, meaning Sons of Thunder.. I always thought that would be a cool club name, but wouldn't work for us for a couple of reasons.. mostly because we don't want to be gender specific at all
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sparkey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 am

I read about that this morning also.
Lean it in Let it slide

Text is good. nineoneeightfourzeroeightzerosixtwozero.
Sparkey
WSBK
WSBK

Postby jauntygreengiant » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:40 pm

robd0gg wrote:
Dan E wrote:Just brain storming ideas/names

I like where this is going.. I see a couple of potentials there

I was reading from the gospel of Mark this morning, where Jesus gave nicknames to James and John, calling them Boranerges, meaning Sons of Thunder.. I always thought that would be a cool club name, but wouldn't work for us for a couple of reasons.. mostly because we don't want to be gender specific at all

How come this didn't make into the ballot?

Sent from a mobile user
jauntygreengiant
Global Mod
Global Mod

Return to Region I