Chili Cookoff, Saturday, Nov.16, Skagit PS, Burlington

Western States

Chili Cookoff, Saturday, Nov.16, Skagit PS, Burlington

Postby robd0gg » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Saturday, November 16. Chili Cookoff at Skagit Powersports in Burlington. Our CMA brothers and sisters to the North are working hard to reach the "Fast Lane" type crowds up North, and they could use whatever help and support we can give them. I will post more information on our forums as I hear about it. You can contact me or Larry Bach at lhb@frontier.com.

If the weather is decent, maybe we can do a group ride up from the South end.. otherwise, maybe a carpool or two..

They'll have a flyer available soon, but here's a bit of what they are planning..

SP will provide space on their sales floor for us to set up our CMA canopy and as many tables as we need to accommodate the chili cookers. Setup starts at 10:30am; cooking and serving from 11:00am to 4:00pm. SP will provide scorecards for judging the chili, 4oz cups and plastic spoons for serving up the chili, and will promote the event on their website and by email distribution list. CMA is responsible for recruiting the chili cooks. SP also has a commercial bun warmer and hotdog roasting machine. They will provide hotdogs to attendees who want to make a chili dog. Chili cookers need to bring electric crockpots (no butane or propane is allowed inside the building). There will be no charge to participate.

We need the following help to make this a successful event:

* Chili cookers -- Make/bring at least one gallon (32-4oz servings) of your favorite chili -- and bring your best game! Showmanship is part of the fun! Chili cookers will serve their own chili. The more chili cookers, the merrier the event! You do not need to be a CMA member to participate. Invite your friends to who believe they have a unbeatable recipe!

* Setup crew – two people to help SP clear the sales floor; set up the CMA canopy and information table; set up serving tables.

* Greeters – two shifts (11:00-1:30 and 1:30-4:00); one greeter each shift – Greet attendees; tend the information table; answer questions about CMA; pray with people asking for prayer; show attendees a welcoming spirit!

* Takedown crew – two people to help SP clean up and put the sales floor back to normal.

* Event Flyer designer – design an event flyer for the Chili Cookoff. Time is short, so let me know as soon as possible if you are interested.

This is an excellent opportunity for CMA to strengthen our relationship with Skagit Powersports and to make new friends in the public.
Please prayerfully consider participating in this event. Kings Riders and Evening Star Riders are encouraged to join us!
Call or text me at 425-508-8808, or send email to lhb@frontier.com , if you can participate.

All the best in Christ!
Larry
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chili Cookoff, Saturday, Nov.16, Skagit PS, Burlington

Postby jauntygreengiant » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Will look at our availability as it get closer, completely depends on when the baby comes. :D
jauntygreengiant
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby robd0gg » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:58 pm

I've been emailing with Larry Bach, and this sounds like a good "early winter" type event to attend. I'll be heading up Saturday from Renton, probably leaving around 8:30 AM with a big batch of my white bean ground turkey chili with fresh sliced hot peppers on the side - create your own heat :) and some real smooth and tangy mexican crema to go on top to sooth it a little.. makes my mouth water thinking about it.

give me a shout if you want to come along
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jauntygreengiant » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:32 am

robd0gg wrote:I've been emailing with Larry Bach, and this sounds like a good "early winter" type event to attend. I'll be heading up Saturday from Renton, probably leaving around 8:30 AM with a big batch of my white bean ground turkey chili with fresh sliced hot peppers on the side - create your own heat :) and some real smooth and tangy mexican crema to go on top to sooth it a little.. makes my mouth water thinking about it.

give me a shout if you want to come along

I will keep you posted. Sounds like fun.

Sent from a mobile user
jauntygreengiant
Global Mod
Global Mod

Return to Region I