Postby robd0gg » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:18 pm

a great weekend of racing.. More info to come

ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Road racing, round six at The Ridge

Postby admin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:04 pm

wow.. what a weekend of racing we had.. just got home from working the endurance races.. those are quite different then the average sprint race.. first there was a two hour race in the morning for the Ninja 250's. Two of the riders went nearly the entire distance without stopping.. within the last 30minutes, they both pulled in to the hot pits, refueled, then zipped back to the track.. they traded lead on just about every lap, till the checkered flag dropped on Mary Beth... she rode a superb race.

The next race was a team endurance, with only six bikes, from SV650 twins, on up to Yamaha R1 but three racers per bike.. originally they were to do six hours, but they shaved an hour off because the weather looked kind of iffy.. it did rain a bit, but it quickly dried out.. One of the racers was Chris Sabora who's a local champion and has raced the Isle of Man a couple of times as well as some of the South African amateur events.. where he has set records for speed. I'm pretty wiped out now after being out on the track for nearly 12 hours, so I will try to fill more in later.. Thanks to all the CMA folk and friends that came out this weekend to help... I think there were around twelve altogether if I had my counts right.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SteveSchiller » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:30 am

Rob - My count was 15 or 16 :mrgreen:

Steve
SteveSchiller
650cc
650cc

Postby Dan E » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:03 am

Stacey and I had a great time working Corner 11 on Saturday, and Corner 6 on Sunday. It was cool to see and feel the CMA/Fast Lane Momentum building at the track. On Saturday the Corner Captain dropped off a young man, Colin, at our corner just to hang out and watch the race. We had a good visit with Colin between races and he ended up coming back as a Corner Worker with us the next day and he spent time with the CMA gang as well as getting to know the 250 Ninja Riders...as that was his initial purpose for coming. Colin is looking to join the ranks of the 250 Ninja Races next year. Great meeting Colin, great message from Daniel on Sunday in the Pits and we really enjoyed meeting more of the racers and hanging out for the Awards Cermony both days. Looking forward to what happens with the seeds that have been planted.
Dan E
250cc
250cc

Postby SteveSchiller » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:26 pm

The official photographer has the pictures up from this weekend races - Nice photos of Dana in the corner and Ron and Sean on the track.

http://www.darrenbeattyphotography.com/WMRRA/9-1-13

Steve
SteveSchiller
650cc
650cc

Postby jauntygreengiant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 pm

That was great experience, and thanks to the fast lane folks that have been making a difference prior to this event. Really neat, I hope I can get some more folks to come down.
jauntygreengiant
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby robd0gg » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:39 pm

SteveSchiller wrote:The official photographer has the pictures up from this weekend races - Nice photos of Dana in the corner and Ron and Sean on the track.

http://www.darrenbeattyphotography.com/WMRRA/9-1-13

Steve

Ron who? hehe

that's OK, my father in-law called me Rod for years

maybe I should change my name to something easy to remember, like "hewhobuysandsellsmanymotorbikes"
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SteveSchiller » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Well - Despite the mis typing - Did you like the photos??? :D
SteveSchiller
650cc
650cc

Postby Romans Eight » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Sounds super fun. I've seen endurance races in the SE that last two hours, but 5-6 hours sounds brutal. Glad to hear Fast Lane is active at the race tracks up that way!
Jesus is not one of many ways to approach God, nor is He the best of several ways; He is the only way.
A.W. Tozer
Romans Eight
Fast Lane Leader
Fast Lane Leader

Postby robd0gg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 pm

yeah... could not imagine doing that.. at least at my age and condition (poor), I've run a few offroad enduros and that was enough torture for me.. hehe

we have an offroad event up here called the 25 hour of Starvation Ridge which is a team event, but some guys even ironman that.. at the end of the event, they usually need help getting off the bike literally needing help prying their hands off the handle bars..
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Region I