Easton Family Campout

Western States

Easton Family Campout

Postby pnwroamer » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:43 pm

uh, anyone showing up to do some Dual Sporting or off road riding next weekend :?:
82 Suz. GS 1100G (all there but needing restoration)
03 Yam. FJR 1300 (IBA certified)
05 KTM 400 EXC (for the real off road endeavors)
09 Kaw. KLR 650 (when I can't decide between the others)

...wherever I go, there I am!
pnwroamer
125cc
125cc

Re: Easton Family Campout

Postby mcbrock86 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:24 am

Bob, not sure if you headed out to Easton or not. Let us know how it went. I hooked up with a couple of guys from Monroe on KTM 450's yesterday and we rode out at Skykomish (Jack's Pass) Weather was cool but not cold, terrain was varied and very fun! Had a great time.
Brock McMIllan
425-753-6389 m/txt
mcbrock861@yahoo.com
mcbrock86
Novice
Novice

Postby pnwroamer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:45 pm

hmmm..., 23 views and no responders?
...seems this Fastlane thread turned out to be a 'Dead End' :(
82 Suz. GS 1100G (all there but needing restoration)
03 Yam. FJR 1300 (IBA certified)
05 KTM 400 EXC (for the real off road endeavors)
09 Kaw. KLR 650 (when I can't decide between the others)

...wherever I go, there I am!
pnwroamer
125cc
125cc

Postby SteveSchiller » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Bob

Did you see the racing at PR thread this weekend? That is where some of us will be.

Steve
SteveSchiller
650cc
650cc

Postby robd0gg » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:35 pm

don't despair Bob.. first of all, the family camp is a pretty small event.. it's only been going for a couple of years (at least at the current location) and as far as I know, it's not really a riders rally like Kamiah, or even a State CMA rally.. but more of a time for families to come, and maybe not even ride at all, if that's what they feel like doing. Plus, there still aren't a lot of dual sport or dirt riders yet wearing CMA colors.. I can probably count less then a dozen CMA folks that I know of in all of Western Washington that have dual sport bikes, and even fewer that have trail bikes.. I know there are probably more then that, but so far, after nearly a couple of years of trying to find em, they're just not that many that enjoy this type of riding.. yet!!! I jokingly label myself as a dual sport evangelist.. as I have converted quite a few of my street riding pals to dual sport.. some have fallen away from the faith though.. hehe

this is also still a very new site, not a lot of CMA folks in the Northwest have found us - and I wager not a lot of them are experienced with forums.. This is not a knock, but a lot of people are pretty new to online socializing and probably their only experience has been Facebook, where they visit a group page, and all they see are a few posts at the top.. Forums like this are much broader, and offer a lot richer content, but most folks will never venture much down below the Chatter and New Members area.. and as forum developer it's a tough balance between creating too broad or too deep of a system, with too many boards and topics, that some people just get overwhelmed and don't participate.

not only that, many forum members rarely participate in discussions.. they come to read, and check us out, but don't feel like posting.. eventually they will either stop showing up, or they decide to participate, but I've been doing this stuff now for three decades, and it's just part and parcel of online communications. and nothing wrong with any of that

I feel that with the new Fast Lane chapter we are forming, we will use tools like this a lot more often then maybe the typical CMA chapter, probably more because of the younger demographic then anything else. And if for no other reason because I will constantly be hyping up the benefits of using them. So keep at it, don't give up.. and maybe soon we will have a thriving online community of folks that want to hang out together and go on frequent rides, campouts, rallies, etc.
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby udoggie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:23 am

I'm one of those that read this thread, but previously didn't post in it, as I don't have a dual sport or an off-road bike,
(Not to mention, being a hotel camper)

While it's not my thing personally, I really like hearing about what's going on.

Jeff
udoggie
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby robd0gg » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm

udoggie wrote:I'm one of those that read this thread, but previously didn't post in it

nor should you if you don't want to.. :) I was thinking more about people that are actually going to the event, but for whatever reason, haven't scrolled down to find this topic or if they did, didn't have anything to add to the conversation.. and nothing wrong with that.. there is no one perfect form of mass communication.. I've been doing this a while, and while forums are great tools, you will only ever get about 10-20% of your members to participate in regular ongoing interaction.

udoggie wrote:While it's not my thing personally, I really like hearing about what's going on.
Jeff

that's a great way to look at it.. and you've been doing an awesome job of greeting folks, and helping with the approvals etc.

like I say, we'll get more active discussions as we grow.. for some it comes naturally, others take some time

anyway, Bob, as Steve pointed out.. if you don't end up going to the campout, we'll be cornering at the races in Kent this weekend if you want to come check it out.. it's a lot of fun, and the racers dig us for coming out and giving them a hand.. if you do go to the campout, take your bike, who knows, you might meet someone there to ride with.. you know those trails pretty well.. just stay off the middle fork trail.. and Mt Clifty.. hehe
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sparkey » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:27 pm

I read what is going on.
Lean it in Let it slide

Text is good. nineoneeightfourzeroeightzerosixtwozero.
Sparkey
WSBK
WSBK

Postby robd0gg » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Sparkey wrote:I read what is going on.

I notice that about you Sparkey.. your one of the 10%'rs :)
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Silver700 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:21 pm

As a CMA and Fastlane member the Fall Family Campout in Easton was awesome, but it poured and poured and poured rain so even if you brought a dual sport you most likely would not have ridden. I only saw 4 motorcycles in total but we had about 90 in attendance. If you didn't go you missed out on some awesome fellowship and just getting to know other CMA'rs. As Rob said, most of these folks are not into social media. Most didn't even know we had a CMA Washington Facebook or FastlaneWA facebook or a National Fastlane forum, although they all know now. :-) All these addresses will be on the new Washington state officers listing which is sent out to all the chapters at the beginning of each year. Hope to see many more at the end of the riding season next year.
Deb

"Your life is your gift from God, what you do with it is your gift to Him"
Silver700
250cc
250cc

Next

Return to Region I