Easton Family Campout

Western States

Re: Easton Family Campout

Postby Marvin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:55 am

robd0gg wrote:this is also still a very new site, not a lot of CMA folks in the Northwest have found us - and I wager not a lot of them are experienced with forums..

I would respectfully disagree rob dog...there some real numbers out here that do participate, but as members of other forums. One thing I like to point out is that we in CMA are here to help change the world one heart at a time. Can we effectively do this by only hanging out at CMA events and forums. I think not. In effect your preaching to the choir. In order to be part of CMA, faith in our LORD Jesus is manditory. This forum is open to all, but closed unless your allowed in. This is not to find fault, but only to point out if we are only out on the highways and biways of the CMA forums and events, have we done a good job of spreading the good new of Salvation through the shed blood of Jesus? In this finite world we have only so much time...how much do we spend reaching out to those who may not have the Good News? Not trying to be a trouble maker :) IE If we only go to church on Sunday, are we going to be effective in reaching the lost? If we only go to CMA forums or events, can we be effective in reaching the lost? I participate in a Truimph forum, bmw rider forum, and the PNW forum for that reason. Love what you have done, I just choose to spend some of my time in areas that I pray can share some of the Light that I have been blessed with. ;)
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
Marvin
650cc
650cc

Postby robd0gg » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:43 am

I don't disagree with your thoughts at all Roger.. I've been doing the same for years.. as many of us have.. my comments were not aimed at folks like you, but just pointing out to Bob that there are only a small percentage of CMA'rs that use social media on a regular basis so as not to be disappointed at small number of responses to any one message.. so it wasn't a knock against those of you that use forums to be a light.. carry on the good work my brother..

but my hope is that this site is a communication tool for inspiration and encouragement, for discussion about ways we can reach out to others etc.. not as a place to hide or hang out with others who look and talk like you.. that's never been on my agenda

that's all.. and it is certainly open to anyone and everyone.. and not closed at all.. unless you are referring to the need for authentication? (which is self-authenticating via email, like every other forum on the planet) The one an only purpose of which is to prevent spammers from hammering us.. which is a constant battle.. believe me :)
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Marvin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:51 am

robd0gg wrote:but my hope is that this site is a communication tool for inspiration and encouragement, for discussion about ways we can reach out to others etc.. not as a place to hide or hang out with others who look and talk like you..

Well said robd0gg, You da man! By the way this sight is well designed and user friendly, the guy who designed it must be a Triumph rider :P
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
Marvin
650cc
650cc

Postby robd0gg » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:22 am

Roger.. you guys are my inspiration.. the way you built up your Fast Lane chapter there in Colfax, and the fantastic event you put on every year in Lewiston - which I have been twice in a row, and will continue to support that as I can, although riding home through the snow last year was NOT fun.. hehe.... your chapter is the model for how I want ours to be.

and I like that you bring the topic up, it allows us to stay clear on our main purpose here.. talking about getting together for rides and events is fun and all, but we also need to realize we're not just a social or riding club.. we have a job to do :^)
ride hard, live righteously
robd0gg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pnwroamer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 pm

...interesting how this thread has morphed. I had such a great time riding at Kamiah that I thought a few might have been showing up at Easton to Dual Sport. I just posed a simple question mostly out of curiosity. After a lack of replies, I stated (tongue in cheek) that this particular thread (not the forum in general) appeared to be a 'dead end'.

I know it's esay to take things the wrong (misunderstood) way in internet exchanges so no insults were intended towards any one here. I appreciate Rob's dedication and thoughtful inputs in the Fastlane Forum and his patience to create for brotherly understanding.

As an aside, I've been riding on and off road for many years with christain friends, not associated with CMA and with many non believers as well. I don't feel the need for 'religious organizational ties' to fulfill God's calling to share the gospel (see enterprise below). Lots of good rides posted on 'Meetup.com and Advrider to be found. I have just found Fastlane to be a new venue that has sparked an interest and the fellowship has been great.

Two profound statements which I ponder often:

"Christianity started out in Palestine as a fellowship; it moved to Greece and became a philosophy; it moved to Italy and became an institution; it moved to Europe and became a culture; it came to America and became an enterprise." Sam Pascoe

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words." -- Francis of Assisi.
82 Suz. GS 1100G (all there but needing restoration)
03 Yam. FJR 1300 (IBA certified)
05 KTM 400 EXC (for the real off road endeavors)
09 Kaw. KLR 650 (when I can't decide between the others)

...wherever I go, there I am!
pnwroamer
125cc
125cc

Previous

Return to Region I